Blog Archive

Friday, 17 June 2016

Among Old Trees ACT 3



AMONG OLD TREES

ACT 3


SCENE II
It is late afternoon as Aion wanders into an strange old forest, with birds nesting at the upper branches as the only companion. He wonders around aimlessly seeking a path, but finding none. As he is talking to himself, the old trees respond by throwing back his own words at him. Finally the dusk catches upon him midst his wanderings, but the darkness is caused by unnatural force of Nuit, which wandered into the same forest.


 
Old trees (Chorus):
with our feet still in the womb so warm
we continue to wither away while half-born

enter Aion

Aion:
I hear sweet chirping in the rustle crown
and someone's wings cast lively whispers

Old Trees:
sweet whispers..
sweet wings..
hear someone..
hear hear..

Whispers:
flowers of shadow, always awake,
find ways to follow every thread of time,
while the heavier senses are expelled in fruit.
Who could imagine a better escape,
binding with light to the lips of air?

Old Trees:
escape time..
follow light..
find a while..
heavier air..
senses all..
all in lips..
shadow lips..
could awake..
better ways..

Aion:
These columns of carbon are sculptured in sleep
which has no source, nor belief in rains
only endless thirst heavily clenched on soil of birth

Old Trees:
endless rains..
belief soil..
source of birth..
carbon clenched..
thirst of sleep..
only have..

Whispers:
Rivers of dust, flooding with green
such green that fills a restless eye,
beneath the dance of scribbling pens,
with winds help rewriting seasons scroll.
We'd like to write our chapters with you.!

Old Trees:
dance of winds..
flooding eye..
rivers help..
scribbling green..
help we'd like..
chapters with..
pens on you..
restless dust..!

Aion:
Silent mirrors, my voice can run down your steps
but never reaches tune you hold
that resonates both with earth and sky

Old Trees:
hold your steps..
earth with voice..
silent down..
sky with steps..
resonates..
mirrors tune..
run you down..
never can..
but with both..
silent voice..
reaches you..

Whispers:
What is your light, furnaces of grief
your lazy fires drink a humus spirit
yet the ambrosia of your resin reeks with life
what is this trick for turning rotten waters
into this benign mead?

Old Trees:
grief mead..
drink of life..
lazy trick..
benign waters..
what is us..
trick for you..
what is you..
trick for us..

Aion:
There is no thread that can lead me in this wood,
Its secret thoughts are covered with a hundred skins
where echoes nest. Is their only treasure ringed veneer?
All it can do is repeat my words, and repeat itself,
I need to figure it out, it burns my thoughts.

Old Trees:
thread is ringed..
nesting thoughts..
secret words..
lead itself..
that is that..
all can do..
hundred me..
figure in..
covered need..
thread it out..
do it all..
words of wood..


Whispers:
white filaments of sun are slowly removed
sky is left swollen with an iron bruise,
our wings have been touched by the drift of gloom
so the night must already have entered this wood
goodbye trees

Old Trees:
goodbye wings..
have our wood..
by the night..


Aion:
Someone is coming! Or some-thing.. , or some force?
But instincts tell me there are in these woods
yet unspoken truths
things that are uncovered by obscurity itself
did the whispers ceased?

Old Trees:
still force.. 
is there.. 
by itself.. 
these-ceased.. 
go away.. !

Aion:
Did this echo told me to go away?

Old Trees:
go away..  ?

Aion:
Again - is this a trick? I need to find out!
Who owns that voice - which one of you trees
is speaking to me?

Old Trees:
again - go away.. 
this voice.. 
is need.. 
out you.. 
out out.. 
 
Aion:
It's getting late and I need to go, but I need to stay too,
to find out what thing produced that response,
but which need is the need you need most?

Old trees:
too late..
too late..
too late..
you but-and.. !

Whispers:
Thick shadow filled our eyes with heavy spell
our wings are tired and our hearts at ease
She is here!  To poison our minds with void,
take our memory in her timeless mouth..
We obey your taste, come swallow us night.
As the lady comes, we dissolve in sleep.

enter Nuit

Nuit:
All who posses dreams are possessed by me
and will find a safe home in my heart.
I will put you whispers in a shell of breath
and deposit safely on the lake of death.
...
Trees, would you welcome me?

Old Trees:
Trees welcome.. 
 
Nuit:
What disgraceful thing, it repeats my words! 
Not to quit those low routines of day, when I arrived, 
insults me! Where's your proper voice? 
 
Old Trees:
not speak.. 
day thing.. 
it here.. 
silly not.. 
it to quit.. 
proper speak.. 
 
Aion:
I have not spoken, yet the echoes speak 
Who makes this miracle, someone in the wood? 
I have never seen such thick night in my life, 
or should I say - unseen. How one must advance? 
When paths are obscured, I follow my hand. 
 
Nuit:
Even the night creatures were silenced in these woods 
under my spell. What is this thing 
that wanders free when all is chained 
to heaviest sleep? I am intrigued, 
as much as I am displeased. I hear steps...
 
Come here thing! 

Aion:
In such hollow voice a man might fall 
and breake his neck. I will stop here. 
 
Nuit:
So you're a man? But men are mine,
as all the creatures, to command.

Come here I say!

Aion:
I'm still as stone.

Nuit:
Than you are ready to be turned to dust,
disobedient man.

Aion:
We'll see about that..

Nuit:
Bald words in blind man's mouth

Aion:
Is this your doing?

Nuit:
It's my nature to be out of sight.

Aion:
So you're in darkness too.

Nuit:
I am the darkness. And you're a lost fool.
stinting the fruit from your tree of dreams
to the queen of dreams and life itself.
So now I will cut your dream-fruit tree.

Aion:
Than I am good as dead. But if it's bound
to end here I might as well proceed
to the very bottom of this madness.
Here I come!

You may be out of sight, but are you out of touch?

Nuit:
What is this instrument with tones
warm and thick? I resonate this sound
as if the sound was present here,
making me present in time and space.
Up to this day I lived by my voice
Now I'm being shaped in some new form.

Aion:
These are my arms that bring embrace
to delicate flower they have found.
It's naked skin is soft as mist.

Nuit:
The fool has spoken but his voice
is still remaining in a silent form
to which my newborn silence sing along
I'm elevated, vibrant with escape
but shaped according to some heavy wish

I want to hear more music of this sort

Aion:
Delicate presence of an unknown soul!
could it be really lady night herself,
raising a tender hand to brush my cheek?
Of one I'm certain - you must be divine,
as my hand just found a divine breast!
Sweet madness, will I find your lips?

Nuit:
Your breath is entering my void
and never will escape that kiss,
until your reckless body flames
dissolve and melt in my caress,
because I am the Night of life,
and even with my love - I execute

Aion:
When time comes, I will curse the time
rather than curse your lovely tenderness
unknown pleasures will be now my share
as I die to pleasure you - Lady Unknown
My curious spirit led me to these woods
where I lost my paths, but found your lips
few dreams I've renounced - fruit a hundredfold,
now, possessing you - I possessed all dreams.

Nuit:
My blindness fell upon a voice of man
where it was transformed into a sight of touch.
Now I known my body, and with it my lust
enliven by delicate flutter of this moth
who does his dances in embrace of death
the reckless creature radiates precious life
and stimulates the craving of my void.

Aion:
This mist is swollen with an insane scent
such sweetness rushes through my skin
... digests my senses
... cold breeze enters my heart
... flames burn through my name
...
... we were removed

Nuit:
Elevate your body, as your mind is lost.
Pierce the night to find the night of nights.
Last drops of your dreams will have pleasant taste
that may last a while. You're a nick of time
born to pour this drink over endless thirst,
moisten roots of void which can't be pleased
with these few drops.
I crave eternity - that's not yours to give.

Aion:

... beyond swarming thirsts
... beyond moonlights heavy bliss
... beyond whispering mother lips
... beyond waves of muscle beat
... beyond desolate roads of fate
... beyond coin of love and hate
... beyond howling winds of history
... beyond gardens of memory
... beyond warmths of deadly June
... the spirit escapes sorrow
... we were expelled
... we were released
... the cup is almost empty
... oh sweet wilderness of night
... last dorp of light
... last drop of light
... dripps from my eyes

II.

Old Trees:
Hundred times a hundred in this single flash
This man has lived embracing heart of void.


Nuit:
Here goes your last breath as my gentle voice
lay your emptied body in the lake of cold
reckless ray of light that have entered me
has dried, and my pleasure dried as well.
Numbness replaced my hands, my body, it's all gone
I can feel myself no more. Horrific sense:
to be confronted with one's own cold void.
Never I realized what emptiness is Me.
His momentary bliss has left a bitter seed
in my thoughts - now I'm pregnant with grief.
Eternity, this be your taste?

Old Trees:
Dear Lady Queen, we seek your grace
may your tranquillity be restored
We bring a special root and have
all spells of forgetfulness prepared
if You command it will erase
this insect from your thoughts,
and grief will cease.

This bug deserved his petty fate,
as he rejected our good advice
to keep away from where he wasn't asked.
Fine man He may have been, soon He'll become fine dust.

Nuit:
These words from hollow wooden hearts
are filled with rot thick-minded wisdoms
and all they can achieve is fuel my anger,
not console my grief,

I find no intent in me to cure this pain.
It has revealed dimension which I'm ready to explore.
And memory of this man I will hold dear.
There's no such spell that can erase him
from my heart, because the heart of night,
as it is cold, is un-forgetful.

This wood which blessed me with the curse of man,
will be now restored to it's time and space
As I lift my darkness, and my newborn grief
I walk away.

exeunt Nuit

No comments:

Post a Comment