Blog Archive

Thursday, 9 June 2016

Among Old Trees: Act 1


Among Old Trees

ACT 1

SCENE I

Orpheia, Rheia, Chorus of plants

The sun is raising over a meadow, where small plants grow amidst the green. We see Sorceress Orpheia with


Chorus of plants:
 
Heavenly spark in eyes of men
how could you ever be erased
from eyes of sky, never will cease
eternal song of ardent prayers
blazing with bliss, cruel is your god
to set a flame in this pure heart
and cast away to drift in frost
of empty space with earthly dust
as only friend and mournful witness

Your faith is our meal of youth,
your blind submission our only hope.
Our constant prince nurture our lives
born of your silent agony

We drink first drops of morning light
with pious delight as it dissolves
in haze of dawn,

enter Orpheia, possessed by emotions, pale, hair in a mess

Orpheia:

Warm mist leans heavily on my chest
with thousand scents of life and death
that this wild garden sweats at dawn

The flower spirits lifted from the moor,
with souls of bark and moss and grass,
exhale their essence into morning light
revived by turbid warmths of June
embarked to tiny droplets sail on foaming heat
into the heavens and into my sense...

How than this fragrant symphony is lost
obscured to Me by lack of single scent
My heart longs that innocent taste
even bathed in best flavours of spring
can not be moved with their delights

I'm wide-awaken from this abscent fume
I recollected in my thoughts at night,
and will not rest until I drink again
that charming blush
from Rheias eyes...

I write in volume about every tree,
all herbs have chapters in my books
and every detail in a plant or worm
every juice in creature, every bone
are known to science that I wield

With dignity of scholarship
was my approach to this strange fruit
that walked itself amongst the trees
guided by thoughts of utmost grace

But than a ghost behind those eyes,
a shade of heavy spirit formed
mysterious shapes glanced through each look
as if a distant unknown world
shone through each movement
and each regard

That mystery unfinished my soul
throughout the night not for the lack
of answers,
but for the questions of new kind
that loomed in clearance of those eyes.

Chorus of plants:

Steady and calm she schooled the girl
Under that tree here yesterday
Now hearts authority lectures the mind
no longer certain she is rushing mad

Orpheia:

As I approach yesterdays tree
my breath is running forth

Chorus of plants:

We tell your breath she's missing on the spot

Orpheia (Chorus):

When leaves of willow brushed my cheek
why I recalled your fingertips?
When lonely violet slumbered in my path
why it reminded of your lips?
Rosemary twigs suddenly effloresce
moving desire for my trembling hand
to brush your hair.

alone
If for a moment I could replace all
visions with softness of your voice,
my anguish would be gone.

Rheia... Rheia! Wild flower,
where you bloomed today?

Enter Rheia

Rheia:
Here I am, and here are you dear friend
looking rather pale, how was your night?

Orpheia:
Delightful torture, as I could not rest my head
every weeds and trees night blossoms shone at me
crawling and airborne creatures kept me awake
displaying for my eyes passionate scenes
with such light that is now shining from your smile

Chorus:
Lady Orpheia follows strange new ways
to start her lessons
attention just bloomed

Rheia:
Your eyes indeed seem fixed on things
out of this world dear sorceress
Magical potions must enhance your sight.
We should both rest.

Orpheia:
No compound of herbs have rushed tonight
over my veins.
It was the shadow of your ethereal face,
dear child,
It was your spell that cold-boiled my blood

Rheia:
Wise priestess Orpheia, sorcery is strange
to me, how could I have bespelled you?

Orpheia:
Your presence shining with unearthly glow.
reveals a creature full of force
And the spells it casts feel as strong as mine.

Rheia:
You confuse my mind with your wisdom.
I walk forest paths and gather to my need
fruits, herbs and game.
The only magic that i wield
is throwing arrows from my bow.

Orpheia:
Not from your bow that arrow have been set
that struck my heart, but from your spirits shade.

Chorus:
Strange science puts the force in shade
rather than seek it out in light.
This education takes a new approach.
And when two shadows meet we guess
The calculations might posses a catch

Rheia:
I see you are in pain...
But how could I be cause to such distress?
If spirit throws arrows without my consent
to hurt my friends, can it be stopped?
This wound in heart - what can it bring?

Orpheia:
My heart is strong with many spells,
yet it became an easy catch
if spirits shade was aimed at weaker heart.
It even might've caused a persons death

Rheia:
This mustn't be!
How such a creature lives inside myself
and can escape my good hearts will?
Tell me - How can this spirit be contained?

Orpheia:
You are welcomed to my school dear child,
become disciple of my ancient craft.
In one year taught the ways of witch,
prepared to face the wicked shades.
In one year led the hidden path among old trees
where underneath entangled roots of Lime
accursed mirror enters spirits to this world.
Than you may catch the demon
and win the fight.

Rheia:
And what about my love, what about Aion?
You ask for so much and all you put forth
as proof are trembling hands and weary state.
How can I exchange my happiness for those
strange words that fill me with mistrust?
The spirits must have played a trick on you.
My shadow rests inanimately on the ground
and as my body is but shadow to my will,
so is this shadow but my frames contour
no arrows from this shade no deadly spells
can leave unnoticed and unwilled.

Orpheia:
And lovely frame it is... So I'm mistaken?
Than let me rest a while
in this innocent shade and have your hand
to heal confusion from my eyes and heart

Chorus:
The lesson is now over, so it seems
Unless we will soon see
practice made of this shady theory


No comments:

Post a Comment